Effective Date: June 1st, 2021
Information We May Collect About You
We may collect information about you when you interact with the Sites, including when you log in to the Sites, create an account, join our mailing list, make a purchase, request a service, request information, communicate with customer service, apply for a job, or upload content to the Sites through various means, including your social media account, which may feed information to the Sites. The information that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Contact information (including name, postal addresses, email address, and telephone number);
• Purchase and transaction information (including payment card information, billing and mailing addresses, and information about the products and services that you purchased);
• Login credentials;
• Demographic information (including age/birthdate, gender, and country in which you are located);
• Information that you provide to us through the Sites regarding your eye color, skin, health, activities, and skincare concerns;
• Social media handles;
• Preferences regarding products and services;
• Information that you choose to submit in connection with your comments or inquiries;
• Photographs and other content that you provide;
• Contact information for others (including email address) when you use certain features, such as "Send This Job to a Friend";
• Occupation, professional license number, license type, license expiration date, specialty skills, and company name (obtained from beauty professionals); and
• Employment history, education history, and other information contained in a resume uploaded through our Site or submitted through an online application form (obtained from job applicants, to the extent permitted by applicable law).
Information We May Collect Through Automated Means
We may automatically collect information about the devices that you use to interact with the Sites, as well as information about how you interact with the Sites. The information that we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Precise geolocation (with your knowledge and consent);
• Location (based on internet protocol (IP) address);
• IP address and other device identifiers;
• Browser type and version;
• Operating system type;
• Language your system uses and country and time zone where your device is located;
• Information you searched for on the Sites;
• When and for how long you visited the Sites;
• Pages you visited while on the Sites;
• Time spent on those pages; and
• Web page that referred you to our Sites.
The information that we collect may be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
Your Precise Geolocation. When you interact with the Sites, you may be asked for permission to allow us to collect your precise geolocation information. If you consent to such collection, we may use this information to provide you location-based or targeted advertisements and social media posts; to locate our nearby salons, spas, or retailers; or for analytics purposes. You may discontinue our collection and use of geolocation information by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device.
How We Protect Children's Privacy
Our Sites are general audience Sites not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
How We May Use the Information We Collect about You
We may use the information we collect about you to do the following:
Provide Products, Services, and Other Information, including Advertising, That May Interest You
• Facilitate your transactions, including processing and fulfilling purchases, shipping orders, scheduling and confirming appointments, communicating about orders and their status, and personalizing the customer experience, where possible;
• Provide services you have requested;
• Send you promotional materials and other communications, in accordance with applicable laws;
• Respond to your inquiries;
• Send you email alerts relating to investor relations, if you request to receive them;
• Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, loyalty programs, surveys and market research;
• Deliver advertisements based on your interests;
• Provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to the Sites;
• Create and manage your account;
Manage and Improve our Business Operations
• Operate and manage the Sites;
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, including by managing, enhancing, improving, and analyzing our products, services, business, and the performance and functioning of the Sites; developing new products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
• Enforce our agreements;
• Study how consumers use the Sites; and
• Perform other market research, such as determining trends and business opportunities based on consumer activity.
Ensure a Secure Online Environment and Comply with Legal Requirements
• Protect against and detect fraud, abuse, and other unlawful activity;
• Comply with all applicable laws and our reporting obligations.
Profiling. We may use your personal information to develop a personal profile about you to allow us, for example, to treat you in a more personal way as part of our customer outreach.
Analytics. We may use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our Sites. The analytics providers may use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze visitors' use of our Sites. The information collected through these technologies, including your IP address, may be disclosed to the analytics providers and other relevant third parties that use the information to analyze the use of the Sites.
Do Not Track
We do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
When We May Share Your Information
In addition, as noted above, we may share your information with third-party analytics companies for the purpose of conducting research about how our Sites are used and what products and services consumers prefer. These third parties use this information to provide us the services and perform the functions for which we have contracted.
We also may provide to third parties, including other businesses and members of the public, aggregated statistical data showing general usage patterns and statistics, interactions, and transactions with our Sites. This data does not personally identify you or provide specific information about individual usage.
We also may share your information with third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
• Protect our property, services, and legal rights;
• Prevent physical harm to persons or to the property of others, financial loss, security incidents, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
• Prevent fraud against Haimaite and others;
• Support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
• Comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes issued by law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
• Comply with any and all applicable laws.
How to Contact Us